The Fort William Business District BIA is currently seeking applications/nominations to fill a vacancy on the Board of Directors. All applicants must be nominated by a member of the BIA. A member shall constitute as an owner of property within the BIA boundaries, or a business owner who directly operates a business based within these boundaries. Non-members who wish to apply for the vacancy must be sponsored by a member of the BIA. All applicable forms are included in the application package on the following pages.
Who are we?
The Fort William Business District BIA is the voice of the business community. It is committed to improving, promoting and advocating for the area of Fort William Business District as one of Thunder Bay’s shopping, business, entertainment and historic downtown destinations. In support of the mission, the BIA has these objectives in place:
- Enhance the beautification, maintenance and improvements that the City of Thunder Bay provides for the area;
- Encourage individual property owners to maintain, beautify and enhance their businesses;
- Advocate on behalf of the business community;
- Work with community and municipal partners to address safety and the perception of safety in the area;
- Promote the area as a desirable place to locate a business;
- Promotethe area as a business, shopping and entertainment area;
- Highlight the historic aspects of the area and promote as a destination.
What does a board member do?
The Board of Directors are dedicated volunteers who:
- Attend monthly Board Meetings, which are held on the 2nd Thursday of each month
- Dedicate time and energy outside of the monthly board meetings in order to bring the mission of the BIA to life
- Display a strong commitment to the revitalization of the Fort William Business District
- Understand and align themselves with the BIA mission and strategic plan
- Respect confidentiality
- Adhere to the principles of respective communications and conduct between staff and board members
- Understand that critical policy decisions of the Board should be made in honour of the greater good of the BIA membership
- Present an active and ambassador image to the public in representing all sectors of the organization
How to apply?
Application Click Here
Interested candidates are asked to complete the application form on the following pages and submit it to the BIA office by no later than November 18th, 2020 at 4pm:
Raechel Reed , Communications and Administrative Coordinator
516 E. Victoria Ave
Thunder Bay, ON P7E 1A8