Allan Mihalcin- At Large
1.Businesses are frequently the targets of crime and on the front line dealing with societal problems in the area; what steps do you think should be taken to ensure businesses are protected and our community is safer to explore, shop, work and play in.
Complex question, leads to a complex answer, In no particular order.
- Greater understanding / assistance for mental health.
- Greater police presence in neighborhoods.
- Old school walking the beat where the police became part of the local neighborhood community.
- Re implementing the SOS program
- Properly funding the program for the future.
- Increased lighting
- Increased CCT cameras in specific areas.
- Increase activity
2. What is your impression of the Fort William Business community? What is one thing that is done well and what is one thing that needs to improve?
I value the BIAs of each area, they bring a very local, neighborhood perspective to the specifics facing their area.
I think the FWBC is doing a good job considering the challenges it faces.
Perhaps a more combined effort between all business areas – sharing each group’s strengths to benefit everyone.
3. With the revitalization of downtown Fort William project underway there is no planned community center for the area after the project is completed. Victoriaville provided an important and safe gathering place. What vision do you have to recreate a similar environment for community connectivity?
I would have to do more research on this to make an informed comment.
Thank you for including me in the questionnaire.
Allan Mihalcin- Candidate for Councillor at Large