THE FORT WILLIAM BIA
The Fort William Business District BIA is a non-profit organization which represents all of the businesses located within its boundaries in the beautiful downtown Fort William district City of Thunder Bay, which is located at the head of Lake Superior in pristine Northwestern Ontario.
The BIA Boundaries are Miles St, May St, Donald St, and McKellar St. The boundaries begin on the inside block of these streets and include all businesses within that area.
MISSION IS SIMPLE
The Fort William Business District BIA is the voice of the business community. It is committed to improving, promoting and advocating for the area of Fort William Business District as one of Thunder Bay’s shopping, business, entertainment and historic downtown destinations.In support of the mission, the BIA has these objectives in place:
- Enhance the beautification, maintenance and improvements that the City of Thunder Bay provides for the area;
- Encourage individual property owners to maintain, beautify and enhance their businesses;
- Advocate on behalf of the business community;
- Work with community and municipal partners to address safety and the perception of safety in the area;
- Promote the area as a desirable place to locate a business;
- Promote the area as a business, shopping and entertainment area;
- Highlight the historic aspects of the area and promote as a destination.